A couple of weeks ago we had a power failure over the weekend that drained our UPS, which caused the system to die. When I manually IPL-ed, one of the things that happened was that the job scheduler submitted all of the jobs that should have run but didn't. That's because the Recovery Action is set to *SBMRLS. I'm going to change that to *NOSBM, but I thought it would be just peachy keen if I could print a report, as part of an IPL (especially after an abend) of the items in the scheduler.

Actually that part is relatively easy; I found the API's that I need and have laid out the report and program logic. But I noticed that part of the Help text for the *NOSBM option was for jobs that did not get submitted because the system was in a restricted state. Not that I put it into a restricted state too often, but it does happen, such as a Save 21. Is there any way to tell if a system is *coming out of* a restricted state? I found the API that would tell me if the system is *in* a restricted state, but not the former.

Next, if there is a way to determine that a system is coming out of a restricted state, where would I put such a test? Similar to the QSTRUPPGM system value, which only kicks off if/when the controlling subsystem is started (such as at IPL).

Jerry C. Adams
IBM System i Programmer/Analyst
B&W Wholesale
office: 615-995-7024