From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 9:31 AM
To: 'Midrange Systems Technical Discussion'
Subject: i5/OS Integrated Server Support is at different releases on i5/OS
and the server

Oh, another thing I have since the upgrade to V6R1. I get message NTA0287
in QSYSOPR (full text at end of this message) regarding the Integrated
Server Support.

If I GO LICPGM and display installed licensed programs on the System I, it
show this:

5761SS1 V6R1M0 Integrated Server Support

If I sign on to windows on the IXS, I get this box:

"The following updates are available from i5/OS: Release V6R1M0. Click OK
to start maintenance utility, Cancel to Exit."

When I click on OK, nothing happens so far as I can see. I tried it
yesterday and waited a good 15 minutes. Furthermore, If I clock Start/IBM
iSeries/Integration For Windows Server and select Software level, here it
says the iSeries Software Level is at "V5R4M0 Service Pack: None" while it
says the Windows Server Software Level is at "V5R4M0 Service Pack: SI28014"
meaning the Windows server is at a newer level.

If I then click "Synchronize" it responds saying I am asking to remove the
service pack, which I then Cancel.

Does this make any sense? Infocenter did not give me any more instructions
than the above, that I could find.

Here's the full message from QSYSOPR:

Additional Message Information Page
1
5761SS1 V6R1M0 080215 DILGARD 12/14/08 19:50:50
EST
Message ID . . . . . . : NTA0287 Severity . . . . . . . : 40
Date sent . . . . . . : 12/13/08 Time sent . . . . . . :
17:00:19
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
From . . . . . . . . . : QSYS CCSID . . . . . . . . : 65535
From job . . . . . . . . . . . : IXS1A
User . . . . . . . . . . . . : QSYS
Number . . . . . . . . . . . : 686331
From program . . . . . . . . . : QVNAAMON
To message queue . . . . . . . : QSYSOPR
Library . . . . . . . . . . : QSYS
Time sent . . . . . . . . . . : 17:00:19.370801
Message . . . . : i5/OS Integrated Server Support is at different
releases
on i5/OS and the server.
Cause . . . . . : The i5/OS Integrated Server Support on the server is at
release V5R4M0. The i5/OS Integrated Server Support installed on the
i5/OS
is at release V6R1M0. It is recommended to install the same release and
service pack level since some releases may be incompatible.
Recovery . . . : No action is required, but it is recommended that you
install the current release of i5/OS Integrated Server Support on the
server.
On the server, use the i5/OS Integrated Server Support maintenance
utility
to verify the current release of i5/OS Integrated Server Support is
installed on the server. If the versions do not match, select to perform
an
update to install release from i5/OS.