Hey all,

I've gotten into the habit of creating physical files via SQL, like this:

create table mylib/prodmin (
Process FOR COLUMN PMLVL3 DECIMAL ( 2, 0)
NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT,
Gender FOR COLUMN PMGEND CHAR ( 1 )
NOT NULL WITH DEFAULT,
so that I have a long, more descriptive sql field and a short one for
use on display files and such.

I'm not sure why I haven't run into this before, but I'm having an
issue with the same field being referenced twice on a display file
record:

H1LVL3 R H REFFLD(PMLVL3 PRODMIN)
S1LVL3 R Y B 9 7REFFLD(PMLVL3 PRODMIN)

it's giving me an 'CPD5237 - Field or ALIAS name specified more than
once in record.'

I'm sure it's because the referenced field for both H1 and S1 versions
of PMLVL3 has the same 'alias' name - Process.

I've tried overriding the alias name using the ALIAS keyword, and it
tells me I'm using ALIAS twice on the same field.

Any ideas on a workaround? I'd hate to have to hard code the size and
type attributes.

Thanks,

Rick