I was looking for a recent manual for the Advanced Job Scheduler (AJS) than
the .pdf I have, which is Version 4 dated 1998. Couldn't find anything
newer on either the V5R4 or V6R1 Infocenter sites. Based on the recent
exchange on the Infocenter, I decided to open a PMR asking for same, and see
what resulted. Here's the PMR log so far:

________________________-08/12/11-14:23--CE____________________________
*** System i Entitled S9S8R7_I1S2E3R4I5E6S7
*** Electronic creation by customer. jlcrosby
*** Please contact customer by adding a response to this PMR, and g
enerating a secondary call record on the NETRSP queue.
***
***
Problem Details
E-Mail: jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
.
Abstract:
Need V6R1 PDF Manual
.
Operating System: i5/OS V6R1
Product Group: Job Scheduler for iSeries
.
Environment:
Currently at V5R4 version (5722-JS1) - will be upgrading to V6R1
this weekend
.
Problem:
I'm looking for a PDF manual for the Advanced Job Scheduler. On
V5R4 the product is 5722-JS1. I'm GUESSING that on V6R1 it will be

called 5769-JS1.

The only PDF I can find on the V6R1 Infocenter is a Version 4
manual dated February 1998. Not exactly current.
________________________-08/12/11-14:26--AL____________________________
________________________-08/12/11-14:27--CR____________________________

action taken: route pmr to wm for assistance
action plan: please req secondary to netrsp with response
________________________-08/12/11-14:27--AL____________________________
________________________-08/12/11-14:29--CT____________________________
________________________-08/12/11-14:49--AL____________________________
________________________-08/12/11-14:49--AT____________________________
Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for utilizing IBM Software Support.

Unfortunately, the information that you've discovered (I'm assuming it
is SC41-5324, circa 1998), is the only "formal" document available for
this. There hasn't been a more recent document developed for this
product.

There are some presentations available that I will send to you via
email. Beyond this, and the information that you've already located,
there really isn't anything further available.

Please let me know if there is anything further that I can do for you
with this issue.

Kindest regards,

Geoff
________________________-08/12/11-14:49-SCG____________________________
________________________-08/12/11-14:49-SAT____________________________
________________________-08/12/11-14:49-SCC____________________________

The customer has been contacted via e-mail, regarding the recent
updates to this PMR.
________________________-08/12/11-14:50--CR____________________________
________________________-08/12/11-14:50--AT____________________________

________________________-08/12/11-14:50--AL____________________________

Oookaaayyy. The newest manual is over 10 years old and 2 _versions_ out of
date. Why yes, now that you mention it, there is something you can do.
Provide a completely up-to-date manual for the product. I can't imagine the
IBM I know thinking this is acceptable.

Oh, there _is_ a .pdf for the new wireless access.

This is software originally developed by Pinnacle and now supplied by IBM.
It almost sounds as if no one has taken ownership, so to speak. (As an
aside, since DB2 Web Query was developed outside IBM, will it suffer the
same fate?)

No emailed presentations yet.