From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Klement
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:53 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: lexEdit

Vern,

The one that comes with the JT400 is called the "System i5 Debugger" (or
at least that's teh most recent name I can find for it... from the IBM i
6.1 docs)

Speaking of which, the docs (which aren't that well written, IMHO) are
in the Info Center under
Programming / Development Tools / System i5 Debugger
http://tinyurl.com/6x7slp

However, I don't think it supports SEP! At least, I can't find any SEP
support in it. Indeed, I just sent an article in for editing that stated
that it doesn't have SEP... am I wrong?

I'm 99.9% sure that the System i5 Debugger will work in Linux. I know
that I use it all the time in FreeBSD. It should run anywhere that you
have a working JVM. (Unlike the WDSC one, it's pure Java)

It also runs a lot faster and more efficient than the one in WDSC. I'd
use that debugger all the time for everything if it wasn't missing
SEP... so if you know a way to do SEP with the System Debugger, please
let me know!

Vern Hamberg wrote:
Aaron

As for debugging, there is the graphical system debugger that comes as
part of the toolbox - jt400. It can do SEP debugging, too. It is Java,
so might work in Linux.

HTH
Vern