From looking through the FAX/400 section of the Software knowledgebase, there are a few V6R1 gotchas listed. http://www-912.ibm.com/s_dir/slkbase.NSF/wfax?OpenView&view=wfax

Though none seem to mention the issue Rob had, so good catch there!

Brian Dolinar.
"Pete Massiello" <pmassiello-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:mailman.7783.1228490417.13295.midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks, I have another upgrade to do in beginning of Jan, and they run
Fax/400 and was wondering if there was going to be any problems.

Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2008 9:38 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: 5798FAX vs V6R1

Just verified it.
Sent out a fax from my development machine that is a lpar on a 570. I
just upgraded it to V6R1 Thanksgiving weekend.
SBMFAX OPTION(*PRTSCNFAX)
DSTSELMTH(*EXT)
TO(93492005 'test line 1' 'test line 2' 'test line 3'
)
FROM('from line 1')
TITLE('test title line')
COMMENT('test comment')
Went out via the fax/data modem through
CMB07 2844 Operational MFIO Processor
LIN05 2742 Operational Comm Adapter
CMN02 2742 Operational V.24 Port
CMN07 2742 Operational V.24 Port Enhanced
Resource name . . . . . . . : CMN07
Text . . . . . . . . . . . . : V.24 Port Enhanced
Type-model . . . . . . . . . : 2742-001
Serial number . . . . . . . : 22-40133AB
Part number . . . . . . . . : 0000021P5267
Location : U5088.001.102409C-CB1-C15-T2

Recipient was Domino Fax for iSeries running on another lpar. Came right
into Notes. I can forward it on, if you want.

Next upgrade will be going out on 2805 ports like:
Resource name . . . . . . . : CMN116
Text . . . . . . . . . . . . : Comm Port
Type-model . . . . . . . . . : 2805-001
Serial number . . . . . . . : 38-2310025
Part number . . . . . . . . : 0000021P8186
Location: U5094.001.108149D-CB1-C12-T1
WRKPTFGRP
PTF Group Level
SF99610 8288
SF99609 23
SF99608 2
SF99601 6
SF99562 5
SF99357 5
SF99356 5
SF99354 1
SF99353 4
SF99352 2
SF99350 2
SF99349 2
SF99325 1
SF99187 3
SF99115 4

DSPPTF 5798FAX
Product ID . . . . . . . . . . . . . : 5798FAX
IPL source . . . . . . . . . . . . . : ##MACH#B
Release of base option . . . . . . . : V5R2M0
PTF
ID Status
SI31851 Permanently applied
SI31397 Permanently applied
SI28731 Permanently applied
SI27742 Permanently applied
SI23525 Permanently applied
SI21182 Permanently applied
SI18978 Permanently applied
SI16228 Permanently applied
SI14955 Superseded
SI13637 Permanently applied
SI12505 Permanently applied
SI12142 Superseded
SI10989 Superseded
SI10826 Superseded
SI10748 Superseded
SI10187 Superseded
SI10062 Superseded
SI09724 Superseded
SI08999 Superseded
SI08621 Superseded
SI08517 Superseded
SI07864 Superseded
SI07217 Superseded
SI06790 Superseded
SI04351 Superseded
SI03738 Permanently applied
SI03239 Superseded

Both lpars are on
WRKHDWRSC *PRC

Resource Type-model Status Text
CEC01 9406-MMA Operational Main Card Enclosure
PN02 28D4 Operational System Control Panel
MP09 53CF Operational System Processor Card
MP10 53CF Operational System Processor Card
MP11 53CF Operational System Processor Card
MP12 53CF Operational System Processor Card
MP13 53CF Operational System Processor Card
MP14 53CF Operational System Processor Card
MP15 53CF Operational System Processor Card
MP16 53CF Operational System Processor Card
PV02 52AD Operational Processor Capacity Card
SP03 294E Operational Service Processor Card
SP04 294E Operational Service Processor Card

Firmware information
Server-9406-MMA-SN103BDDD

Target name: Server-9406-MMA-SN103BDDD

Concurrent LIC update status: Enabled

Current LIC repository location: None

EC
Number
LIC Type
Machine Type/
Model/
Serial Number
Installed
Level
Activated
Level
Accepted
Level
Unactivated
Deferred
Level
Platform
IPL
Level
Update
Control

EC
Number
LIC Type
Machine Type/
Model/
Serial Number
Installed
Level
Activated
Level
Accepted
Level
Unactivated
Deferred
Level
Platform
IPL
Level
Update
Control

01EM320 Managed System Primary 9406-MMA*103BDDD 83 83 76 83 HMC
01EM320 Managed System Secondary 9406-MMA*103BDDD 83 83 76 HMC

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
Dock 108
6928N 400E