Gary Monnier wrote:
Richard,

No I haven't used it in years. I really liked it though. I was wondering
if there was a PC-based editor that competed with WDSC/Rdi/Whatever.
WDSC/Rdi/Whatever is a bit pricey for private use. I could not find Eclipse
or NetBeans plug-ins for iSeries languages. This took me back to my
Flex/Edit days.
Wouldn't it be great to have a low cost PC-based editor as an alternative to
SEU and WDSC/Rdi/Whatever?

Hi, Gary.

I have no idea if it could work, nor if there's a rational (legal?) way to get it done; but the CODE/400 editor isn't too bad for editing RPG, CL, etc. Obviously, a _connection_ to an AS/400 is a separate element; still, it might do editing of source loaded from PC files.

And that makes me think of earlier LPEX editors... probably _not_ directly useful, but /someone/ might do some macro-type work, etc., to create a useful version?

Tom Liotta