Depends upon your database. We've done that in several cases, but we
have some stuff that's so screwed up that you just can't get to where
you need to go with views. Plus, you really do open yourself up to
performance problems letting people hit your production DB. I'm not
going to lie to you, our database is a mess.

Anyway, be sure to think about these sorts of things BEFORE you turn
end-users loose with a query tool. Otherwise, you wind up paying for
it later.

Mike E.