Two weeks ago today I ordered the V6R1 cume in preparation for installing
V6R1. My WRKPRB entry says "PTFs mailed". As of today it wasn't here, so I
called in to check out what was happening. After 25 minutes on the phone,
and talking to a supervisor, I was told the Fix Central people would have to
call me. Here's the scoop.

Got a VM from Fix Central while at lunch. The order was closed at IBM
without sending anything "because you ordered CDs instead of DVDs." I had
used the SNDPTFORD command since it's the simplest way to get these mailed,
and that command doesn't have a DVD option, at least not on V5R4 where I'm
at now.

Got a 2nd VM while at lunch, from the same person, saying the problem was an
invalid S/N for my 520. The S/N she read was the correct S/N. Got that
part straightened out.

To make a long story short, you cannot use the SNDPTFORD command in V5R4 to
order the cume for V6R1 because a) the V6R1 cume will only be shipped on
DVD, and b) the SNDPTFORD command in V5R4 does not have a DVD option. They
did not have an answer as to why it would be marked "PTFs mailed" and yet
not shipped and also no notification of any kind to the customer. IBM is
looking into it.

The only way to get the V6R1 cume for a V5R4 system is via Fix Central.
Either a DVD mail option or direct download. The direct download is going
to take around 6 hours.

And get this. If you order it via Fix Central, it downloads as
...<drumroll>... CD images, not DVD images!