Paul Nelson wrote:
A customer asked IBM for a quote on 5722-WDS and was told $3600 by the
"marketing rep".
Well, there's your first problem. 5722 is V5R4 (and $3600 sounds suspiciously close to the P05 pricing for V5R4 5722WDS).

V6R1 products start with 5761. The compilers et al are part of 5761-WDS. Feature codes are (last I looked) 1602 for ILE compilers, 1511 for heritage compilers and 1512 for what you're interested in, ADTS.

The RDi stuff, of course, doesn't fit that numbering - that would be too logical. RDi is 5733-RDI, while RDi SOA is 5733-SOA.

I called a BP buddy of mine and got a quote of $1825 on August 28. Right out of his configurator.
Depends on what he configurated :). $1795 was the last price I heard for the ILE compilers, which is close to what you see. But it's clear to me that neither your BP friend nor your customer's IBM rep understand the new pricing system.

You can blame whoever you want for the miscommunication. I think the pricing (other than the various bundling schemes) is pretty straightforward: $1795 for an ILE compiler seat, $1295 for a heritage compiler seat, $795 for an ADTS or RDi seat, $1995 for an RDi-SOA seat. If your contacts continue to get wrong answers they need to send an email directly to George.

Joe