Hi Steve

I have a document showing how to configure SMTP that you can download
from http://www.astradyne-uk.com/tips14.htm

It was put together a while ago for a v4r5 machine and has screenshots
of the various stages.

Hope it helps

Jonathan

Steve Dodkins <Steve.Dodkins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote :

Hi

I am trying to start my SMTP server but it stops after 1 second with
the message below. I've used the set up instructions from here

http://search400.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid3_gci968106,00.html#

Message ID . . . . . . : CPF1164 Severity . . . . . . . : 00
Message type . . . . . : Completion
and they are copied below the error message Date sent . . . . . . :

24/11/08 Time sent . . . . . . : 08:20:18 Message . . . . :
1 seconds used; end code 0

X.
Job 919710/QTCP/QTSMTPSRVD ended on 24/11/08 at 08:20:18; Cause . . .
. . : Job 919710/QTCP/QTSMTPSRVD completed on 24/11/08 at 08:20:18
after it used 1 seconds processing unit time. The job had ending
code 0. The job ended after 1 routing steps with a secondary ending
0. The job ending codes and their meanings are as follows:
0 - The job completed normally.
code of 10 - The job completed normally during controlled ending
subsystem ending.
20 - The job exceeded end severity (ENDSEV job attribute).

1. Enter command CFGTCP
2. Choose option "20. Configure TCP/IP applications"
3. Choose option "12. Configure SMTP"
4. Choose option "3. Change SMTP attributes"
5. Set value "Autostart server . . . . . . . . *YES"

Automatic registration . . . . . *NO
User ID prefix . . . . . . . . QSM
Address . . . . . . . . . . . QSMRMTAD
System name . . . . . . . . TCPIP
Alias table type . . . . . . . *SYSTEM
Mail router . . . . . . . . . . 'mymailserver@xxxxxxxxxxx'

or controlled ('mymailserver@xxxxxxxxxxx' is the DNS name of your mail
server, please check first locally which DNS name and TCP/IP address

you'll have to use.) The local mail server DNS name and IP Address has
in any case to be added into the local iSeries TCP/IP Host table using

command CFGTCP and option 10. Work with TCP/IP host table entries. In
our configuration we've added Internet address 111.11.111.111 with

Name 'mymailserver@xxxxxxxxxxx'
6. Add following 2 entries in the Directory Entries table:

ADDDIRE USRID(INTERNET GATEWAY)
USRD('Context switching entry')
SYSNAME(TCPIP)
MSFSRVLVL(*USRIDX)
PREFADR(NETUSRID *IBM ATCONTXT)

ADDDIRE USRID(QSMTPDMY QSMTPSYS)
USRD('QSMTP user')
SYSNAME(TCPIP)
MSFSRVLVL(*USRIDX)

Host 7. For each DIRE user you want to send an e-mail to, change his
entry using command (here an example for my own profile on system

CHGDIRE USRID(USERNAME BASEL)
USER(USERNAME)
NETUSRID('USERNAME BASEL')
BASLE.) USRDFNFLD((SMTPAUSRID SMTP 'firstname.lastname') (SMTPDMN SMTP
MSFSRVLVL(*SYSMS) PREFADR(*SMTP)

'company.com')) firstname.lastname is the part from your email address
before the "@" character company.com is the part from your email

8. Use command CHGTCPDMN to set
address after the "@" character * HOSTNAME to BASEL (BASEL is an
example; enter your system name here.) * DMNNAME to company.com

To send an e-mail use the following command:

SNDDST TYPE(*MSG)
TOUSRID((USERNAME BASEL))
z DSTD('Description text')
MSG('Message text')

(company.com is an example; enter here your company domain name.) To
send e-mails to users not defined in WRKDIRE change once the

CHGDSTA SMTPRTE(INTERNET GATEWAY)

Distribution Attributes using this command: Up to now, you can use
following command (Information type has to be set to *LMSG) to send

SNDDST TYPE(*LMSG)
TOINTNET(('reciepient email address'))
DSTD('Description text')
MSG('Message text')