It's exposure, i think....

It's like trying to explain the merits of "local" variables to someone who is programming 20 years with globals only (like old school RPG). It takes imagination, and not everyone has it.

It's like that experiment with cats. Being raised within a box with only vertical bars, they simply don't see the horizontal bars of a fence and simply bounce into it....

People are like animals, the difference is that people talk, and can be self reflexive. This applies to all people.

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 06:35:10 -0500
From: michaelrtr@xxxxxxxxx
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Food for Thought

We all know the i is the bestest system in the world. But something I
puzzle about...why are all those folks with advanced computer science
degrees, or people with MBAs, and people with years of experience
picking Windows/Linux? Are they stupid? Are they just caught up in the
hype? Is this declining group of data processors (us) smarter than the
rest? While I like to think I'm a bright boy, I also realize there are
a bunch of other folks out there that know more about computers,
capabilities, and productivity than I'll ever know. Just curious...