Did you need the DB9 pins 2 to DB9 pin 7?
No ... I'm not using those either.

Are you planning on hooking up the Bypass or Low Batt lines?
I never could get the bypass to work.
When I used DB15 #11 to DB9 #6 as soon as I plugged in the cable the 520 issued the message utility power failed.
When I used DB15 #12 to DB9 #6 when I put the UPS in bypass the 520 issued the message utility power failed.

<ShamelessSelfPromotion>
I actually found your web page a few weeks ago when I first embarked on this journery. I will probably get your program.

Thanks for your help!
Bob Schwartz
Director of Technology Services
Glynn County School System
www.glynn.k12.ga.us

------------------------------

message: 6
date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 10:03:35 -0400
from: "Armand Borick" <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: 9406-520 Eaton Powerware 9330 Cable

Bob,

It looks like I got the sense backward on my pinout.
It's easy, (for me), to get open contact and active high confused.
That's why we test!

Did you need the DB9 pins 2 to DB9 pin 7?

The diagram of the 1827 cable suggests that this is needed. (just curious)

Are you planning on hooking up the Bypass or Low Batt lines?

That is your call, of course.

Do you have a UPS monitor program ready?
The Iseries works better, (and manages power events better) with a monitor
program running.

<ShamelessSelfPromotion>

To toot my own horn a bit, I have a UPS Monitor program kit for sale on my
web site www.atticdesignlab.com .

It includes system log entries on power status, and user warning messages.

</ShamelessSelfPromotion>

Glad it's working!
Armand