From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Booth Martin
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 3:44 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: QBATCH stuck

Work with Subsystems
System
Type options, press Enter.
4=End subsystem 5=Display subsystem description
8=Work with subsystem jobs

Total -----------Subsystem Pools--------
Opt Subsystem Storage (M) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
QBASE .00 2 3
QBATCH .00 2
QSERVER .00 2
QSPL .00 2 4
QSYSWRK .00 2
QUSRWRK .00 2
Q1PGSCH .00 2 2

Work with Messages

Messages in: QSYSOPR

Messages not needing a
reply
Subsystem QBATCH
started.
Subsystem QBATCH cannot allocate job queue QS36EVOKE in library
QGPL.
Subsystem QBATCH cannot allocate job queue QBATCH in library
QGPL.
Subsystem QBATCH in library QSYS
starting.

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Gotta agree with Jeff here. QBASE should normally never be started
manually.
DSPSYSVAL QCTLSBSD
if the value is QCTL do NOT start QBASE. Do a WRKSBS and see if QBATCH is

already running. If QBATCH is running (and I suspect it is because your
attempt to start QBASE said that the job queue QBATCH was locked) then ...

Oh, crud, Booth I gave a check list and that didn't help. Let's try it
one step at a time.
Paste the results of
WRKSBS
and I'll get back to you.