From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:29 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Using encryption/decryption of column data via a program

How did you encrypt the column in the table?

Charles

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Dave Odom <Dave.Odom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is there a IBM i function/command that will allow encryption/decryption of column data on the i, especially in conjunction with REXX and/or SQL? I want to have my REXX/FTP programs encrypt and decrypt a password stored in a table. I don't want to have to use any Windows program or any of its functions, just functions/commands/programs in one of the native languages on the i.

Thanks in advance,

Dave