Yes, I used 65+21 both to enable onboard ethernet (E1) and set the console
to Lan (03). Still no luck.

The laptop is connected directly to the lan console port, with the laptop
set to 192.0.0.11 and the lan console should be 192.0.0.199. The network
shows connected. During the 'search for console' part of the IPL I can see
the connection gets lost a couple of times, so the i5 is definitely
resetting that port.

When the system is fully up, the lan console does respond to ping (at least
on our box), but I have yet to see any sort of response in my current
project.

As for 12 & 13, neither is available. Not quite sure why. I just looked at
ASMI and it posted another A6005008, so I will go over and see if there is a
12 & 13 now.

I think one of the most frustrating bits of this is the need to do this
65+21 nonsense at all. Why not just have these as options in the ASMI?
Would be a lot more straight-forward and logical.

Anyhow, thanks for the additional ideas. I do have an open PMR, so
hopefully some additional insight comes from IBM.