On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 12:28 -0400, Mark S. Waterbury wrote:
Hi, Terrence:

If that's what you want, why not just write your own command (and
command processing program)?

Because ...
- That would be too much fun.
- The command would not be present on the next customer machine I have
to work on.
- When I screw up using the command, the good people on this list
would have no way to set me back on track.

Cheers,
Terry.

That's why IBM gave us the ability to create commands.

And that way, you could write this command processing program in ILE RPG
IV, or even in ILE C/400, since it would probably be much easier to deal
with the stat() API that way.

And then just use your new command in your CL programs, as and when needed.

Cheers,

Mark S. Waterbury