IBM Incident Summary

Document Number: 480138773
Functional Area: Communications-TCP
SubFunctional Area: LDAP
SubSubFunctional Area: General
Product: OS/400 BASE (5722SS100)
Release: V5R4M0

Classification: Public Use

Document Title:GLD0408 and SQL7008 Return Code = -7008 SQL state = 55019
LDAP_ENTRY in QUSRDIRDB not valid for operation
Document Problem Summary:
After a power outage, a user application was not able to add or modify
records in an LDAP data base. Retrieving records worked; however, the
data
in those records was not correct. The SQL error which was contained in
the
text of message GLD0408 was SQL7008 - Return code = -7008 SQL state =
55019 SQL message = LDAP_ENTRY in QUSRDIRDB not valid for operation.
Resolution:
The fastest and easiest resolution is to run the following commands from
the operating system command line:

CLRLIB QUSRDIRDB

RSTLIB QUSRDIRDB

If a current backup is not available, the library still must be cleared
and
restored from whatever backup is available. Before the library is
cleared,
an export operation should be done to capture as much of the current data
as is available. This can be done by exporting an LDIF file.

Exporting an LDIF File
Use this information to export an LDAP Data Interchange Format (LDIF)
file.
You can transfer information between LDIF files. You can export all or
part of your LDAP directory to an LDIF file.

To export an LDIF file from the directory server, do the following:

1 In iSeries™ Navigator, expand Network.

2 Expand Servers.

3 Right-click IBM Directory Server, select Tools, and then Export File.

Note: If you do not specify a fully qualified path for the LDIF file

to export data into, the file will be created in the home directory
specified in your operating system user profile.

4 Specify whether to Export entire directory or Export selected subtree

and whether to Export operational attributes. The operational
attributes that are exported are creatorsName, createTimestamp,
modifiersName, and modifyTimestamp.

Then, run the CLRLIB and RSTLIB commands followed by the import procedure
(using the data you just exported).

To import an LDIF file to the Directory Server, do the following:

1 If the directory server is started, stop it. See Starting the
Directory Server for information about stopping the directory server.

2 In iSeries™ Navigator, expand Network.

3 Expand Servers.

4 Click TCP/IP.

5 Right-click IBM Directory Server, select Tools, and then Import File.

Another option is to have the server replicate the newly imported
data when it is next started by selecting Replicate imported data.
This is useful when adding new entries to an existing directory tree
on a master server. If you are importing data to initialize a
replica (or peer) server. Typically you will not want to have the
data replicated because the data may already exist on the servers for

which this server is a supplier.