From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
tkreimer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: 09 October 2008 15:05
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: 65,000+ row import into Excel 2007

Sorry, I forgot to mention it directly, but it was implied. I don't know
what the new limit is, but Excel 2007 extends it way past 65,000. I'll
check out the 'other' solutions if this doesn't pan out.
Tom Kreimer
Network Manager
Buckhorn Inc, Milford OH

GM Tom:

I guess this is a MS limitation and not C/A. If you use the C/A data
import (transfer from iSeries option) and you use BIFF7 or 8 when defining

the resulting PC file to create, I believe that when the file is created
and it gets to the spreadsheet row limit, it creates a new tab and
continue downloading records until all the data on the iSeries is
downloaded in the new workbook.

The list can correct me if I am wrong...

MS Access is always another solution of course...

Good luck!

PETER VIDAL
MAPICS IT TECHNICAL SUPPORT TEAM / SR SYSTEM ANALYST
10540 Ridge Rd., Suite 203, New Port Richey, FL 34654-5111
Tel:727-849-9999, x2414 Fax:727-815-3120
WWW.PALL.COM

"Leadership is the transference of vision."
Hal Reed