I hear all of that Steve, that is why I read pretty much everything they included in the packaging, read whatever relevant links I could find, and posted here. But, this is a pre-installed, fully configured system, so it shouldn't take a rocket scientist to start the thing up and log in the first time.
I have started up dozens of pre-installed systems and in every case, the "Start here" instructions were more than adequate to at least get a console attached and a signon screen. I also understand that this is a little bit different than the usual i installation. We have a "chassis" to deal with and, at least that part, was easy. I was able to start the BCS, connect to AMM, and see the blade with no problems. It seems that the VIOS on the blade might be the issue. Or at least, connecting to VIOS on the blade is the issue.

I have taken more of an "end user" approach to starting this thing up, primarily to understand what it takes, technically, to get this thing up and running. You and Lukas may have opted for the scratch install approach and that is a great way to get your hands dirty with the hardware. But, most installations are going to ship pre-installed, and it should be a pretty easy, step by step approach to get up and running quickly or this platform will struggle further with adoption.

This is adventure and a journey. I hope to document this "pre-installed" approach so others can benefit.

Pete Helgren

Steve Richter wrote:
90% of the work configing the js12 is VIOS and AMM related. Firmware
related issues are handled by BCS hardware support. AMM connectivity
is a grey area, just call software support and stick to your keywords:
AMM BCS. I strongly recommend you hookup a system console and
keyboard. The BCS is not plug and play. You have to do your reading.
Or just stay on the phone with the techs until each milestone is
achieved.

-Steve