From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bob Schwartz
Sent: 22 September 2008 4:08 PM
To: 'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: Qshell question interactive vrs Batch

----. Jim wrote:
date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 08:48:42 -0600
from: "Jim Essinger" <dilbernator@xxxxxxxxx>
subject: Qshell question interactive vrs Batch

Good Monday morning!

I did a quick search in the archive and did not see anything that was
relevant. Here is my problem.

I have a script that creates a zip file. The script runs in qshell and
looks like this;

cd $3
jar cvfM $2 $1

Where
$3 is the directory containing the file to be zipped and the archive
file to be created,
$2 is the file to be compressed, and
$1 is the name of the archive file to be created.

CL program executes the script as follows;

CHGVAR VAR(&COMMAND) +
VALUE('/QSHELL/compress.QSH ' *bcat &INFILE *bcat &OUTFILE *bcat
&FOLDER)

QSH CMD(&COMMAND)

When I run it interactively, I get the new archive file that I
requested. Running it in batch I get the following error;

/QSHELL/compress.QSH: 001-0012 Error found starting child process.
System resources not available to complete request.

Where do I look for the issue? The library lists are the same for
interactive and batch.

Any thoughts?

Jim

Jim, the subsystem/jobq that you are submitting the batch job to must be
able to run more than one job at a time (*NOMAX). Bob

This email and any attachment(s) may contain information
which is personal or otherwise confidential and/or privileged.
Unauthorised access, use, distribution, reproduction or
disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient
and/or received this message in error please tell us by reply
(or telephone the sender) and delete all copies from your
system. Any privilege, confidentiality or copyright that
attaches to this email is not waived, lost or destroyed if you
have received this email in error.

We do not warrant that this email and any attachment(s) is
free from viruses or defects and you should scan this email
for viruses prior to opening or saving any attachments. The
Hogg Robinson Group accepts no liability for any damage

Statements or opinions expressed in this email may be
personal to the sender and do not necessarily represent the
views of Hogg Robinson Plc or any other member of the Hogg
Robinson Group. Unless expressly stated otherwise, no
member of the Hogg Robinson Group is bound by any
contract or obligation purported to be created by this email or
its attachment(s).

HRG and HRG worldwide network are all Hogg Robinson
Group trading names and trade marks.

This email and any attachment(s) is © Hogg Robinson Plc
(trading as HRG - Incorporated and Registered in England
and Wales, Registered Office: Global House, Victoria Street,
Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 3BT, UK. Company No.
2107443. VAT No. GB413640679)