Vern

From: "Rob Dixon" <robertsdixon@xxxxxxxxx>

Many thanks to everyone for their help.

I have checked the PTFs and can find nothing obviously worng, nothing that
needs applying, done countless IPLs, etc.

I feel that since V5R3 is a mature release and the problems that I have seem
so basic, that it must be something to do with my installation, so I am
going to reinstall from scratch, download the PTFs again, etc. Because I
have other things to do, this will take me a little while. Perhaps
unnecessary but it may save me time in the long run. I am going to use a
different source media for OS/400.

To ensure that I apply the correct PTFs, do I just need the cume pack or
should I also download the PTFs for individual products? I did the whole
lot last time. I did not use the PTF cds.

Many thanks

Rob Dixon

2008/9/18 Evan Harris

Rob

Since you have PTF issues that is really the place to start - everything
else is slowing you down from fixing the PTF's. Once they are right you can
try some of the other suggestions if you still need to.

Apologies if you answered some of this already:

If you do a DSPPTF, do you have products with individual PTF's that show as
applied/installed, action required or loaded ?

If you have any with action required you may be able to get away with IPL's
again - if you have already done this it would be worth a crack.

Otherwise is you have PTF's showing as loaded you may have loaded and not
applied the PTF's in which case you need to run the APYPTF command and the
IPL to apply them.

What process did you use to load and apply the cume package ? And it is
definitely a cume package, not just PTF CD's right ?

Regards
Evan Harris