Did the library list on your COMPILE job include the library holding
ALICMREG (DBMSTF, perhaps)?

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff Crosby
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 10:56 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Date field in print file as REFFLD

All,

I opened a PMR on this.

I have a DDS defined printer file, CUSTCM, with an *ISO date field in
it, as a REFFLD. Source line looks like this (columns off, BTW):

A INVDT R 10 38REFFLD(INVDT *LIBL/ALICMREG)

This file is in production and has been for over a year. A DSPFFD of
CUSTCM show the following definition for field INVDT:

*...+....1....+....2....+....3....+....4....+....5....+....6....+....7..
..+....8
Field Type Length Length Buffer Buffer Usage Row
Column
INVDT DATE 10 10 155 Output
10 38
Field text . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : Invoice date
Referenced information
Referenced file . . . . . . . . . . . . : ALICMREG
Library . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : DBMSTF
Referenced record format . . . . . . . : INVSUMRC
Referenced field . . . . . . . . . . . : INVDT
Attributes changed . . . . . . . . . . : None
Date Format . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *ISO

So you know it is indeed currently defined that way.

I needed to move another field in this print file to another location.
So I copied the DDS to another library, moved that other field, and
tried compiling the print file. I get the following error in the
compile:

2300 A INVDT R 10 38REFFLD(INVDT *LIBL/ALICMREG)
* CPD7494-.
* CPD7616-*

The errors read:

* CPD7494 20 2 Message: Keyword value not allowed.
* CPD7616 30 2 Message: Keyword ignored because of error in list of
values.

Since it is currently compiled with REFFLD, it worked at one time. Could
a subsequent PTF broken it in some way? I searched PTF cover letters and
didn't find an answer.

Thanks.

--
Jeff Crosby