On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 12:17 -0700, Adam West wrote:
I have CL program-A,
pgm
program-A.

Overprtf outq(A)
Call rpgprogramA

Call program-B ( a CL PROGRAM)

Endpgm

This is program-B
pgm
Overprtf outq(B)
Call rpgprogramB
endpgm
BUT the outq of the second CL goes to the first outq - outq A

I need them to split. I have played around with the Ovrscope parameter but then when I make that *job or *Calllvl, the both outputs go to Outq B.

WHat am I missing to have them split off?

Sigh! Quite contrary to the intuitions about scoping that one develops
in other contexts, it is usually the outermost override of a parameter
which takes precedence. This is often useful, but confusing until you
get used to it.

A couple of solutions come to mind. I would guess that the first might
be simpler, but the choice could go either way depending on how the
programs are related, among other things.

(1) Let there be only one override at a time. Cl program A might look
like ...

Overprtf outq(A)
Call rpgprogramA
dltovr
Call program-B ( a CL PROGRAM)

(2) Make the overide in program-B take precedence over the outer
override ...

Overprtf outq(B) secure(*yes)

HTH,
Terry.