From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lance Gillespie
Sent: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 12:27 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: How much data on a tape

Is there a way to determine how full a tape is?

I would like to know if our nightly backups are about to go over to a second
tape, but I do not see an option on DSPTAP or DMPTAP or anything else I can
find to determine this.

We do the equivalent of a Go Save 21 (minus a few libraries) every night.

We do not have BMRS.

Thanks,
Lance