From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mark Allen
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2008 1:04 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Password Setup

Powers to be have "finally" decided that Windows/network and 400
password
rules be identical. There are 2 areas I have a question on before I do
it.

Currently the QPWDLMTCHR value is set to #$_@ and they want be to allow
any
characters.

Is there any system/technical reason they should not be allowed on the
400
or was this just a "choice" made by whoever set it to this value eons
ago.

QPWDLVL is set to 0 (allow passwords to be 1-10 long) and we need to
change
it to 2 (allow 1-128) but set the QPWDMAXLEN to 32.

Any gotchas there especially concerning mapped drives user have to
directories on the IFS?