I have to chime in a bit here. Many many years ago I went with ProGen Plus from BCD for generating subfile programs. For a couple of years after that, I was worried because I could no longer write a subfile program from scratch. I got over that. I couldn't care less how to do one from scratch. ProGen Plus does everything I need in the way of subfiles in literally 1/10 the time. I care not one whit for all that plumbing.

If I ever convince both myself and the powers that be here that we must "webify" everything, I have no intention whatsoever of learning the nitty gritty details of HTML, JSF, J2EE, etc. There will have to be something that does for "webifying" that ProGen Plus did for subfile programs. I am not a computer geek that works for a business, I am a businessman who likes to use computers to solve business problems.

Last week and next week I am attending an online web class (free) put on by IBM about EGL I'm spending 6+ hours a day hands on finding out/learning what I can about EGL. The depth and breadth of what EGL does is astonishing and I've only scratched the surface. I don't even know enough yet to be dangerous. The powerpoint for the first class alone is over 1,000 pages.

Both Joe Pluta's ("international authority on System i technology and EGL") and Pete Helgren's names are mentioned on the foils. I don't know if EGL will be for us, but it is indeed impressive.