Rob,
No, RPREFA is the refund $ so I expected a sum someplace.

Reference? I've had about four manuals (PDF) open all morning. As I mentioned in the post, one example has a statement with the results showing totals. I think 'sjl' and Chuck Pence hit it when they said I'd have to have a report for the break. The example didn't include that step.

I thought I'd spend the afternoon figuring out the report side of this so that I could get the formatting I need. Years look kind of silly as 2,008.

Now that Chuck Pence has commented that reporting is not going to be that quickly learned, I'll skip it and let my poor users have a quick query without formatting. I can't see where using the SQL statements in QQRYSRC is any better than just continuing with Query/400 and calling a CL to prompt for values passed via STRQMQRY which is where I was yesterday. Still lost the formatting. I'm faster with Query/400 and this latest is getting me nowhere fast.

I was perfectly happy with RUNQRY RCDSLT(*YES) for queries I built for my users and put on a menu where they couldn't get into trouble. There was no front-end, but it worked and looked better than this. But, my supv won't let me build any more and I must get rid of the ones I have that don't have prompts.

Figured I'd go the whole route with QM since it's supposed to be better.

Thank you all very much for your input. I really appreciate your time and certainly wish I could go with it the 'right' way.

If I'm mistaken and the manual can get me up to speed fairly quickly with reports, I'm game.
Thanks again,

Fran Denoncourt
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Pinal County Treasurer's Office
Florence, AZ 85232
(520) 866-6404

Receipt of this message does not grant you permission to send me
Unsolicited Commercial Email

<rob@xxxxxxxxx> 08/27/2008 1:20 PM >>>
Is RPREFA alphanumeric? If so, it's hard to sum that up. Try max() or
min(). Then if you have multiple values for that, like: 'A', 'B', 'C',
... well, I'll let you figure out what max() or min() returns.

Reference? Try InfoCenter.