From: "Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 11:17 AM
Subject: Re: Backup question

This is from the V5R4 Help text for Save 21:

Runs the following commands:
ENDSBS SBS(*ALL) OPTION(*IMMED)
SAVSYS
SAVLIB LIB(*NONSYS) ACCPTH(*YES)
SAVDLO DLO(*ALL) FLR(*ANY)
SAV OBJ(('/*') ('/QSYS.LIB' *OMIT)
('/QDLS' *OMIT)) UPDHST(*YES)
STRSBS SBSD(controlling-subsystem)

The SAVSYS help text notes this:
The Save System (SAVSYS) command saves a copy of the Licensed
Internal Code and the QSYS library in a format compatible with the
installation of the operating system. It does not save objects from
any other library. In addition, it saves security and configuration
objects that can also be saved using the Save Security Data
(SAVSECDTA) and Save Configuration (SAVCFG) commands.

hth
Jim Franz