Greetings,

The mailing list of my local Linux users group has a thread asking for
background information about the AS/400. As my name is cited there as
the person to ask, I figure I should submit some comments. Ideas flood
into my mind, but I cannot really expect Linux geeks to care about all I
might say. So I come here asking for your guidance in general and with
some particular questions.

One particular question in the opening message was "why is the AS/400
more popular in Canada than in USA?" I did not even realize that this
is the case. Does anyone here have an explanation?

In general, what should I emphasize?

The thread is "AS/400 How does it look?" on the GTALUG Mailing List
<http://tlug.ss.org/wiki/Mailing_lists>, for anybody who wants to follow
the discussion or keep me in line <grin />.

Cheers,
Terry.