Hi,

you are required to do a conversion to objects that contain SQL
statements.

Just an other comment: It is also recommended to recreate your SQL stored
procedures, SQL triggers and SQL UDFs due to the fact of the new expression
evaluator.

Before V5R4 each SET, IF and some other SQL-Statements that do not need data
access are converted converted into SELECT-Statements and embedded in this
way in the resulting C-(Service-)Program. Each Select-Statement needs an
optimization which is rather time consuming. With the new Expression
Evaluator those statements are no longer converted into SELECT-Statements
but directly translated into C-Code.

For more information about the Expression Evaluator, just read the following
white paper:
Improving SQL procedure performance
https://www-304.ibm.com/jct09002c/partnerworld/wps/servlet/ContentHandler/VS
HA-6WPNQL