Thanks for the example!!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Terrence Enger" <tenger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 10:51 AM
Subject: Re: Qshell's 'cp' command

On Fri, 2008-08-15 at 07:45 -0500, Nanette.Schernecker wrote:
It is as you suggested, I do get errors on the directories, complaining
that it can't copy them because they are directories. Could you point me
in the general direction where I could get an example of using
a using a wildcard that will only select files (not directories) when
calling the cp command? Thanks!
Nanette

Nanette,

Here is something I just threw together. I have, displaying my usual
spectacular inventiveness, called the two directories src and dst; hack
as necessary.

for x in `find src -type f ! -path '*/*/*' -print`
do
cp $x dst
done

The term
is a workaround for the lack of `find -maxdepth`. Nuisance, eh?

HTH,
Terry.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Scott Klement" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>