I prefer renaming system commands to deleting them. However, you would be
surprised at the number of times that IBM uses commands under the covers
and you really start hosing things up.

Incident:
I tried the various combinations of QAUTOCRT and that genre to stop people
from getting 5250 sessions on one machine that they needed access to for
netserver. No such luck. Turns out that iSeries Access ignores those
system values and simply does a CRTDEVDSP remotely. So I cleverly renamed
it to CRTDEVDSPX. Problem solved. At least until the system console died
(God I HATE 5250 consoles!) and the boss replaced it with a different
model. The OS did a VRYCFG and a DLTDEVDSP of the old model. When the
OS tried to automatically do a CRTDEVDSP it threw up.
RUNRMTCMD CMD('RNMOBJ OBJ(CRTDEVDSPX) OBJTYPE(*CMD) NEWOBJ(CRTDEVDSP)')
RMTLOCNAME(...)
Boss told me to not rename the command again.