But having multple jobs listening to one DTAQ will kill his intensions, as
hisintent is that different jobs have to share the same ODPs in the same
(?) job, which requires a(nother) call via the DTAQ (which should be
keyed).

And as he is using SQLRPG: is it possible to share ODPs with SQL (between
SQL statements), as the optimizer looks for the best "access plan"?

It looks like he is workin on a web application, where clients can run any
kind of SQL statements. I would limit the possible number of SQL statements
and let them only supply values for selection criteria (using host
variables or parameter markers).

When we served our Website from theAS/400 we used Strategi. It ran at least
one server programme to deal with the request; you could start more, if you
wanted. The clients' requests were handled by RPGLE programmes, no SQL
involved. We had never an issue on performance. (But then our Webpages were
limited to basic data requests).

If performance is another issue and because of the use of SQL he wants to
do this, I would drop SQL from this scenario.

Just my thoughts on this set up.

With regards,
Carel Teijgeler