From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Martin Rowe
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 12:14 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: RCVJRNE usage

2008/8/13 Hudson, Ron <rhudson@xxxxxxxxx>:
User requirement:
When EDI data is written to the IFS using a 3rd party package (that I
do not have the source code to), I need to forward this data to a PC
based system.

Solution:
I submitted the RCVJRNE command using the QAUDJRN to call an exitpgm
that I wrote to FTP the data to the PC based system.
RCVJRNE JRN(QAUDJRN) EXITPGM(CAGPL/CAPTURE) JRNCDE((T)) ENTTYP(CO)
ENTFMT(*TYPE4) DELAY(*NEXTENT 60)
Works great, but....

Issue:
When the journal receiver changes, my job ends normally. This is a
major problem.

Questions:

1. Is there a better solution?
2. I've done a lot of trial and errors with the parameters of
RCVJRNE, is there any combination that will make it continue running
when the receiver changes?
3. Should I code the exit pgm to resubmit the RCVJRNE command if
the first byte of the second parameter is a '3' or the second byte is
a 'N'.

Hi Ron

I haven't used RCVJRNE but I do use RTVJRNE in a similar situation[1].
I'm guessing you need to add RCVRNG(*CURCHAIN) to your command, as the
default is *CURRENT. I load our program at the beginning of the week and
it keeps going until the box is IPLed

Regards, Martin
[1] Looking for streamfiles put onto the IFS by an external FTP session
so the authorities can be set correctly. I can send the source if it's
of use.
--
martin@xxxxxxxxxx AIM/Gaim: DBG400dotNet http://www.dbg400.net /"\
DBG/400 - AS/400 & iSeries Open Source/Free Software utilities \ /

**********************
** LEGAL DISCLAIMER **
**********************

This E-mail message and any attachments may contain
legally privileged, confidential or proprietary
information. If you are not the intended recipient(s),
or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this message to the intended recipient(s), you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this E-mail message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in
error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete this E-mail message from your computer.