Vern

From: "Charles St-Laurent" <dringpiece@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi!

I'm not I understood the Storage Pool concept. So I prefer to ask some
questions.

If I undestood it correctly, I can create a new subsystem on our iSeries and
link this new subsystem to a user-defined storage pool. But can we create a
used-defined storage pool and then ask a job running in intercative or batch
mode to use this specific storage pool?

Another question: if I run a program that opens database files in a storage
pool and don't close the files, and then runs interactive or batch jobs
using that pool, will these jobs re-open database files or will they reuse
the open path that is supposed to be already opened?

Charles St-Laurent
Consultant Berco
Technologies
Industrielle Alliance, Assurance auto et habitation
Téléphone : 418 650-4600, poste 3216
Sans frais : 1 800 463-4382
Télécopieur : 418 650-4612
Sans frais : 1 877 650-4612