From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of CRPence
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 9:17 AM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Profile Swap API

If an application is coded with RTVJOBA USER() vs RTVJOBA CURUSER(),
then perhaps that application was also coded using RTVJOBA without
library qualification. If so, then the request being made is actually
*LIBL/RTVJOBA. That means a Trojan Horse *CMD object could intercept
the command invocation to return the desired value. Presumably it was
verified that RTVJOBA vs QUSRJOBI was being used by the application, and
from where.? If not, that should be done via debug or trace. before
pursuing that approach.

The simplest invocation [i.e. only USER() coded] could be tested
first, adding parameters until the invocation by the application can
function; i.e. probably need not code all of the command parameters for
the Trojan version of RTVJOBA. The program as CPP for a TROJAN/RTVJOBA
*CMD, where CHGSYSLIBL TROJAN has been performed previously, would need
to invoke the QUSRJOBI or similar to get the current user value, which
would then be returned for the USER() parameter.

Of course having said all that, I must add that I do not recommend
this approach. I am only suggesting it may be a manner to resolve the
noted concern. IMO the correct path to follow, is to get the 3rd party
package to /correct/ their code, if that application should be using the
current user instead of the job user.

Regards, Chuck

Hart, Doug - EI wrote:
I'm using the profile swap API's but have this issue and hope someone
has a work around.

After doing the 'swap' if a RTVJOBA USER(&USER) the &USER = the
original profile not the new swapped to profile name. I have a 3rd
party package that must be pulling the 'user' this way and I need it
to 'see' the new targeted profile name. Since I can't change the
vendors pgm I need to force the user ID more than what the API does.
Wish I could just use RTVJOBA CURUSER(&CURUSER) but I don't have the
vendors code.

One idea is to telnet back to the same box something like this and the

new 2nd job will be the right user.
TELNET RMTSYS('127.0.0.1') RMTUSER(<2nd profile>) RMTPWD(&pw)
RMTPWDENC(*NONE) RMTINLPGM(test)