On Fri, Aug 8, 2008 at 6:38 PM, Trevor Perry <trevor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The title is: ³IBM Push to V6R1 Difficult and Expensive²

Ignoring the rest and moving directly to this.

What .. the .. fuck. A vendor that is not capable of running on V6R1
can only be described by "pure incompetence".

It means that they compile applications on platforms that are no
longer officially supported. And if they still can't provide V6R1
support now, that can only mean one of two things:

a) They don't have a machine on which they can do QA for V6R1
-> They're most likely to go broke, as even a several years old model
800 can run V6R1

b) They lost the source and now can't recompile the app
-> Well, i think "pure incompetence" doesn't cover that - they're
probably developing without a Source Code Control System

And there are still people on this list complaining that they can't
upgrade to V6R1 yet.

Somehow this reminds me of Vista - incompetent Vendors give a new OS a
bad name. But i'm sure everyone else on this list will disagree with
me here :)