The CFFv is the "daughter card" that goes on the blade to talk with the
"mid-plane" fabric which gets you out to the SAS Controllers that connect to
the Disk Bays on both sides of the BCS. Need to be careful in that you
can't have the SAS controller and Fibre connector at same time in the BCS
blades, because of the placement or perhaps a better word is connectivity to
the I/O modules that are in the Chassis itself.

If you have a router in the BCS, like the Nortel one, by default the
external connections are disabled. You will need to go into the AMM and
allow the external connections from those I/O Module bays.

VIOS takes a long time. If you ordered this correctly, you can get VIOS
preloaded. You want to insure that you have VIOS only loaded on the
internal drives of the JS12, and hopefully you ordered your JS12 with two
disk drives so that you can mirror them. Just load VIOS onto the single
drive at first, and then you can use later start mirroring between the two
internal drives. You MUST have the latest VOIS version, which I forgot what
that is. I thought it was 1.15 but I could be mistaken as I don't have my
notes, Lukas might know.

Remember, that the JS12 are Power blades that act just like our 520s. So
they have an FSP on them, that will take a little time for them to IPL so
that the chassis recognizes the blade as such. There are no firmware
updates for the FSP on the blade yet.

Pete

Pete Massiello
iTech Solutions