From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Steve Richter
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 2:47 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: browser connect to BCS AMM

The install documentation for the BCS JS12 says to set your PC IP
address to 192.168.70.101, then connect a LAN cable from that PC to
the AMM ( advanced mgmt module ) of the BCS. Then access the AMM at IP
addr 192.168.70.125 from the browser of the PC.

I would prefer to cable the AMM into the same router as my PC. Then
set the IP addr of the PC permanently to 192.168.70.101 so that it can
access the web and the AMM without having to switch cabling and IP
addresses.

One problem I am having is with the router Verizon supplied as part of
my FIOS internet service. The DHCP part of the router is assigning IP
addresses in the 192.168.1.xxx range. The router config has an option
for "additional IP addresses" - which means to me my PC can either be
assigned an IP address in the 192.168.1.xxx range or have a fixed IP
set to one of the "additional IP addresses". This does not work
however, despite many calls to Bangalore for router technical
assistance.

I have ordered a LINKSYS router in the hope another router will do
what I need it to do.

Is what I am trying to do doable? Both accessing the AMM thru my
router and using an IP address on my PC which is outside the DHCP
range of the router.

thanks,