I have a customer getting ready for a V6 upgrade. They requested a
refresh of a utility package of ours. The utility has been around for a
while and has objects compiled under V3R2 up through V5R3. When the
customer ran the ANZOBJCVN utility, they rightly found objects that would
not convert over to V6.

We sent them an upgrade CD that passes the ANZOBJCVN test here, but when
they installed the new version on their machine, it showed even more
programs that will not convert than the previous version.

My question for the list is, do you think this is because of an object
conversion setting in the RSTLIB that we use? Or, could it be because all
of the objects are run through CPROBJ before they are sent. I really
doubt the latter since they are compressed on our system and pass the test
without a problem.

Has anyone run into this already?

Rich Loeber
Kisco Information Systems