From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:midrange-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Walden H. Leverich
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 2:32 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Case insensitive searching with SQL

For a stored procedure, UDF, or embedded SQL, add the
statement SET OPTION SRTSEQ = *LANGIDSHR

I believe (not on i right now) that SRTSEQ is also an option on the
CRTxxxPGM commands.

Also, IIUIC, older releases of SQE cannot use an index marked that way so
you'll be forced down CQE, but I believe that's now resolved (5.4, 6.1,
not sure which? I sure Elvis or Birgitta will chime in :-) )

-Walden

--
Walden H Leverich III
Tech Software