On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Aaron Bartell <aaronbartell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
sometimes) to debug traffic from .NET apps to the iSeries. As I understand
it you can do some sort of configuring (most would call it spoofing) to have
traffic sent to a particular IP address routed back to your PC at the same
time. I believe this can only be done with certain routers.

That's mostly right - capturing traffic can only be done on the same
ethernet segment.

You'll need to put your card into promiscous mode to make it see all
the packets it received - but that only works if you still use Hubs -
which you probably don't. So you'll have to configure a mirroring port
on the switch, if you can, or use ARP spoofing.