Hi Larry - please feel free to look at the File Monitor functionality within
the Security Audit & Detection module of our DetectIT suite. It is ideal
for tracking data file changes, whether made locally or through PC tools.

Lots of reports, interrogation tools etc. Let me know if you have any

Martin A. Norman

Technical Services

Safestone Technologies Inc
1364 Welsh Road, Suite B1, North Wales, Pennsylvania 19454 USA
T: +1 800 558 3544 ext. 8018 E: mnorman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This email and/or attachments are privileged and confidential and intended
solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify us immediately. Disclosure, distribution or copying of this email
other than by the addressee is strictly prohibited. The company does not
warrant that the information is free of a virus or any other defect that may
affect the recipient's computer system and it is your responsibility to scan
attachments (if any).

message: 5

date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 11:06:58 -0500

from: "Ketzes, Larry" <Larry.Ketzes@xxxxxxx>

subject: System i Database Monitoring

Hello all,

I have been tasked with finding a product (3rd party seems to be

preferable) to monitor and report on database access by users on the system.

They are using these products for other platforms and these packages make it

very easy for the auditor to look at access and generate pretty reports. I

know journaling covers the actual tracking on the system I, but is there a

package out there that will do this reporting nicely for them without having

to write something in-house?

Thanks in advance,