i just wrote a DUPSPLF command for someone on a different forum using the
APIs if you want to take a look at it you can find it at
http://www.tommyholden.com/downloads/save%20files/

Thanks,
Tommy Holden

From:
Gerald <gmagnuson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:
07/25/2008 12:32 PM
Re: swap profile handles...

HOWEVER....
This did work:
CHGSPLFA File(SPR201R) Job(804896/GMAGNUSON/SPR201R)
Outq(SECXXXXL/SECXXXXQ)

So I am thinking it is indeed a problem with DUPSPLF. I will dup the
spool file inside my program (using the api's to build a copy).

Thanks...

Gerald wrote:
Yes, I receive the same error:

DUPSPLF File(SPR201R) Newsplf(SPR201R) Job(804896/GMAGNUSON/SPR201R)
Outq(SECXXXXL/SECXXXXQ) Splnbr(1)
Not authorized to output queue SECXXXXQ in SECXXXXL.
Error occurred while opening file .

Job: GMAGNUSONB User: GMAGNUSON Number: 915729

Status of job . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : ACTIVE
Current user profile . . . . . . . . . . . : SECXXXXP
Job user identity . . . . . . . . . . . . . : SECXXXXP
Set by . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . : *DEFAULT
Entered system:

Crispin Bates wrote:
Taking a step back. If instead of letting the DUPSPLF do something
with the spool file, replace the call to DUPSPLF with call qcmd and
try it manually. When in qcmd, wrkjob option 1 and see who the current
profile is. Do you get the same error when doing it manually?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Gerald" <gmagnuson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>