First company is Help Systems. I use ABSTRACT and ESEND. I requested V6R1 compatible versions. The CD arrived yesterday and I installed. Afterward, a fresh run of ANZOBJCVN *COLLECT resulted in:

17 ABSTRACT programs still a problem
10 ESEND programs still a problem
2 programs in ASCSUPPORT library still a problem

What also didn't help was the install instructions didn't match what I saw on the screen. The printed instructions I received were the same as ASC (Advanced Systems Concepts) has used for years, before being purchased by Help Systems. What actually happens is a totally different set of screens. I assume this is a "Help Systemsification" (is that a word?) of the install process, but it didn't leave me feeling confident. I emailed them the relevant pages from the ANZOBJCVN printout late yesterday, so they really haven't had time to respond.

Second company is BCD. I use ProGen Plus. I downloaded V9.50 which is supposed to be V6R1 compatible. So far we have been unable to install it. The main library name for ProGen is GN#LIB. The FTP file is being unpacked as "GNAELIB" only it's not really "AE" in there, it's some weird character that looks like an A and an E smashed together. First guess was a CCSID issue, but my settings are the same as their V5R4 machine. They're still working on it.

OTOH Prodata and Byteware got me V6R1 compatible versions in short order.

I have a couple of other vendors software not compatible with V6R1. I haven't contacted them yet, nor have I updated their software in over a year, so I didn't really expect they would be V6R1 compatible. I don't really want to mention their names, since I haven't contacted them and they may very well have compliant versions.