Rob,

Sorry about the link. David captured it as properly encoded as a URL here:
http://www.valadd.com/images/Trevor%20watching%20over%20Joe.jpg

Since the banners are transient and can't be "predicted" I took a snapshot of it before it scrolled to a new subject so the image posted isn't functional, it's just the jpeg of the scary image I saw...

The actual "read the comments" (if it *was* functional) was Trevor's comments about what the banner was advertising, NOT anything about what Joe's article was about. Although I am sure if given the chance, Trevor could invent some comments...[ducking and running for cover...]

Pete

rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Well, because of the silly way the MC Press has of piping all their ad's through a survey service I don't see the Trevor thing. In fact in the box entitled "Support MC Press - Visit Our Sponsors" it's nothing but blanks. I think it has something to do with WebSense blocking that survey service. The survey service is used to count how many people not just saw their ad's but actually clicked on the ad to check it out. This is so MC Press can say to their advertisers "See, so many people actually went to your website from your ad's in our articles". What they don't say is "See, by using this service there are so many people who can't even see your ads". I contacted MC Press and they'd rather have fewer people see the ads yet still have the ability to count who actually went to the ad (of those who can see the ad).
I went to the snapshot of the ad that one poster took. I can see the trevor thing, but it doesn't have Joe's article. I can't click the trevor thing and get his comments from a simple .jpg file though.