From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of DeLong, Eric
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2008 9:14 AM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: Modernization and multi-member files

Chris,

Yes, I understand your point, but I'm not so sure that I can fault IBM
for not defining a non-SQL access to the new features.... This is
somewhat like complaining that you don't have %bifs() in RPGIII. IBM
has exposed this new feature-set, but only through SQL... I don't
really have an issue with this, but then, I'm not using datalinks,
BLOBs, CLOBs, (otherOBs) and so forth, so perhaps I don't have the best
perspective to argue from.....

Eric DeLong