From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Dave Odom
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:44 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Modernization and multi-member files

Joe, Joe, Joe,

It is a given in the rest of the relational world, especially the rest of the DB2s, that any access other than via SQL is a back door and considered a security problem. You might not want to admit it but it is true. As to my credibility on this forum... not concerned. Either others are willing to consider they might be wrong and and I might be right or they are not. Argiments like this usually come from religious zealots who's experience is limited mostly to the i5 and have little or no experience in the other DB2 worlds.

Dave