FTP problem = unexpected end of file sequence. What gives"

fixed

I'm FTPing some files. One file has this problem. Here is the FTP session:

mode b
200 Data transfer mode is block.
eb
200 Representation type is EBCDIC nonprint.
get cxlib/ut430ap cxlib/ut430ap (replace
227 Entering Passive Mode (166,89,2,3,157,71).
150 Retrieving member UT430AP in file UT430AP in library CXLIB.
Unexpected end of file sequence. File UT430AP in library CXLIB may contain
incorrect data.
426-Unable to send data to TCP/IP.
426 Data transfer ended.

Many bites are transferred before this error happens. But when you look at the resulting file, there're are only a few thousand records instead of the millions I expect. If I run this without the mode or eb commands, it works to completion but the data is askew.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Dave